Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Despite my busy schedules, meeting deadline this friday , rushing endless amount of report, studying endless amount of notes, doing multiples of follow-up, nevertheless, shall pens down something here for the thoughts manifested.

remember the story of Hannah?
The Lord close her womb , her rival also provoked her serverely , to make her miserable , because the Lord has close her womb. Year by Year, in verse 7 of 1 Samuel chapter 1 says , she was being provoked, went up to the house of the Lord, she wept and did not eat(i believe she is fasting).

in verse 10 , she was bitterness of soul ,and prayed to the Lord and wept in anguish. then she made a vow in next verse and said,

"then she made a vow: Oh, God-of-the-Angel-Armies, If you'll take a good, hard look at my pain, If you'll quit neglecting me and go into action for me By giving me a son, I'll give him completely, unreservedly to you. I'll set him apart for a life of holy discipline. " 1 sam 1:11(the message)

she sound so direct huh in this version of bible... anyway, she didnt stop here, she continued to pray. in verse 12 to 14, Eli thought she was drunk, she is not and she said:

"And Hannah answered and said, "No, my lord, I am a woman of sorrowful spirit. I have drunk neither wine nor intoxicating drink, but have poured out my soul before the Lord. Do not consider your maidservant a wicked woman, for out of the abundance of my complaint and grief I have spoken until now." Then Eli answered and said, "Go in peace, and the God of Israel grant your petition which you have asked of Him." And she said, "Let your maidservant find favor in your sight." So the woman went her way and ate, and her face was no longer sad. "
1sam 1:15-18(NKLV)

and of course , she give birth to a son , Samuel.
for Hannah was barren , she never allow her barren-ness to determine her destiny. what exactly is barren?

from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language:
barren = Not producing offspring. Incapable of producing offspring.(click )

hear her instense prayer she make, the trivialing of her soul. how much she hunger for an offspring, how much she want to be found fruitful in God's sight. she make a vow and promise God that if God were to bless her (open up her womb actually) , she will offer her firstfruit( samuel).

situation seem unfavourable for you and i, are you gonna give up , or stay faithful ? fought so hard and no fruits produce and seeds remains, discourage??
whatever that comes out the mouth of God will not return to it void.
a mighty man may fall , but God will lift him up 7 times.

every revival is inside the spirit man, it bores out of pain , out of a woman's pain who give birth.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. " Psalm 23:4

i am in the situation of Hannah.

No comments: